Welcome back to live entertainment
We want you to enjoy the shows and experiences that we’ll be bringing you but most importantly we want you to stay safe
Note: Information on this page is current as at 18 June 2021. It is subject to change at any time, for any reason.
A CovidSafe Venue:
To ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, we’ve made some changes to the way we operate. This includes the introduction of a number of measures:
• Patrons aged 12 and over attending performances are required to wear a face mask at all times whilst inside our foyer and theatre areas, including during the performance.
• Check-in – all patrons and their guests must check-in upon entry. (QR code or manual, staff will be available to help if needed)
• Regular cleaning of high-traffic and high-touch areas with hospital-grade disinfectant.
• Hand sanitiser stations
• Safe queues when accessing the box office, bar or toilets
We are closely following all Victorian Government health guidelines and will continue to update our procedures as necessary.
Seeing a show?
We’ve made a number of changes to our booking process and seating plans to help keep you safe:
• Hamilton Performing Arts Centre is currently operating at the capacity set by Victorian Government regulations.
• Our seating map is designed in line with the current Government regulations. Staff will direct you as to where to sit – which may not be your allocated seat.
• We encourage you to purchase your tickets in advance online or via the phone – our box office is not accessible to the public due to ongoing works. Check our website and socials for when we are open again.
• Venue foyers and doors will open earlier than normal, and some shows will have modified intervals.
• Refreshments will be available for purchase from our foyer café bar, and should be consumed while seated in the auditorium. Some drinks can be taken into the theatre for all performances.
• Where possible, please refrain from booking tickets for other people. Encourage them to book themselves and their own group.
When to stay home
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, you must not visit Hamilton Performing Arts Centre if:
• You feel unwell or if you are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by Victorian Department of Health;
• You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test;
• You are required to self-isolate; you have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days before your intended date of visit to the venue;
• You have visited a “positive COVID-19 case location, or red zone” (as outlined by the Victorian Government in the last 14 days before your intended date of visit).
If one of the above applies to you, contact us for a full refund of your tickets. This should be done at least 1 hour prior to the performance time.
Masks are required
Patrons aged 12 and over attending the venue are required to wear a face mask while inside our foyer and theatre, including during the performance.
Some members of the community may have issues with wearing masks due to health conditions. We ask that you be respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious.
Note: mask rules are subject to change should the public health rules change at any time and will be communicated at the entry points
Get together, but keep apart
As you move around the venue, practice physical distancing (1.5 metres whenever possible) and follow the guidance provided by our staff and signage.
Our venue is currently operating within Victorian Government regulations and you must always take the seat as advised by staff.
Follow the signs, and sign-ins
Follow the entry and exit points, check in procedures, and physically distance in all queues.
On arrival at the venue, you and your guests will be required to check-in with the Service Victoria QR code. If you are unable to check-in with the QR code, a staff member will be present to help you. We highly recommend you download the app prior to your arrival. Download the app here
For more information about Service Victoria please click here
If you refuse to sign in you will be required to leave the venue, without refund or recourse.
Practise good hygiene by washing your hands regularly with soap, using hand sanitiser, covering sneezes and coughs and disposing of tissues promptly.
Hand sanitiser is available in many locations throughout the venue, and soap is available in all bathrooms.
Pay with card
Contactless payment methods are strongly encouraged, as it keeps service moving quickly.
Cash will be accepted, but may take a little longer to process to ensure are staff remain safe & sanitised.
For further information regarding the Coronavirus response, please visit:
Victorian Department of Health and Human Services